WPDIR
Everything and everyone WordPress

Does the WordPress Foundation actually have any employees?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason

they try so hard to make it seem like WordPress.org is a community based website run by the WordPress Foundation but I can’t find any employees, they have only a single lawyer on their paperwork for the State of California registration

#206 Reply
    Jack
    #207 Reply
    Lisa

No there is not any employees at WordPress Foundation. The only public records about any people are just lawyers from the court records in California.

This is the controversy in WordPress community as some bloggers argue for many years that the Foundation is illegitimate. Because it seems to be used for saving taxes purpose by Matt Mullenweg (WordPress founder) without performing many non profit duties, besides some minor sponsorship about Wordcamp conference traveling each year to some of Matt’s favorite people, etc.

In the legal government records in California you see that WordPress Foundation is the owner of WordPress.org website.

However manager of that website is actually long-time employee of Audrey Capital which is a private company owned by Mullenweg. So the allegation is potential mixing of different corporation assets, and maybe illegitimate stuffs there since the other Matt’s company is possible alter-ego of WordPress Foundation.

Do your own research. I’m not a lawyer and just comment for education here. I’m reading a lot about Automattic history and opinions.

#208 Reply
    Jose
    #267 Reply
    Victoria

the WordPress foundation is a scam, always has been and everyone knows it

#333 Reply
    Russell

the WP Foundation only exists to save Matt Mullenweg taxes, and to provide a false layer of deniability when he gets his ass sued.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Does the WordPress Foundation actually have any employees?